Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pay period Menu

I have done this before but I took the summer off of life. Now I am back for at least a month until pregnancy wears me out and I have a valid excuse to read all day and let the rest go rest also! This menu started last Thursday. I go shopping every other week since that is how Jeremy gets paid. We have a separate food account that is my responsibility, but it forces a budget too.

Here's the menu:
Friday: Pancakes and Sausage, with applesauce
Saturday: Spam and Macaroni and cheese, with veggies
Sunday: Mom J cooks (we alternate Sundays)
Monday: SuperSpeedway Taco Pie
Tuesday: Dad J. treated us to Pizza, make Salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, and veggies
Thursday: Pork Chops, Stove Top Stuffing and Veggies
Friday: Chicken Poppy Casserole, veggies
Saturday: Grilled Cheese and Soup (Why cook a meal when Jeremy will not be here?)
Sunday: Crockpot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Monday: Mexican Lasagna
Tuesday: Gourmet Chicken
Wednesday: English Muffin Pizza
Thursday: Pasta Carbonara Garlic Bread, Fruit

What I do then is go down the list and see what ingredients I need to buy. When making my list I typically try to alternate between chicken and beef then add something different like Ham or Pork chops every once in a while. I also try to do one easy meal per week like grilled cheese or pancakes. Also when putting my meal list together I take into account fresh produce. If it is needed then I typically have those in the first part of the week.

Instead of grilled (healthy chicken) I made fried chicken using Ritz crackers and Parmesan cheese for the breading, after the chicken had been marinated in Italian dressing for a few hours. It was really moist and very good.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

That looks like a great menu. I will have to borrow some of those ideas. The "Non-healthy chicken" sounds fabulous.

Swidget 1.0 2