Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Let's start with Halloween. We had a great day. We started by baking up a storm. I made some cute graveyard cupcakes, spider cupcakes, and ghost cupcakes. I worked fairly hard and I forgot to take a picture. Oh well, there is always next year. Then I picked Miranda up from school and we headed to Jer's work to show off my 5 lovely kids. Here are four of them:
Then we headed to the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm where we took some pumpkin pictures. Here are a few of my favorites:
After we went to the pumpkin farm, we headed to the Preston's for a fabulous halloween party with home made scones (which may now be a halloween tradition) and a fabulous pinata. It was lots of fun. Then we headed home to Trick-or-Treat. We mad one pit stop at my uncle's house where I made the treat providers come to the car so I didn't have to unload the treaters! We go home and ran the little ones for about 1.5 hours. We knocked on all the doors with lights on from here to Grandma June's and Grandpa Ralph's. Where the had a special treat for the kids. We came home and Grandma Bev had her traditional home made donuts. We get to frost them and top them as we please. It was so late we made the kids save theirs until the next day. Jer and I enjoyed at least for each that night!
And that was our
You embody the perfect blend of sweetness and seduction. You personality is just as luscious and irresistible as chocolate ice cream. You have a flirty, melty attitude that's easygoing and delicious. You appreciate luxurious, extravagant things, like the way ultra-soft fabrics feel against your skin. Some people want to hog you all to themselves, but you find ways to make everyone feel special.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Thanks for letting us come over and sharing your stories with us. More importantly thank you for being such a wonderful example to us in so many ways.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
- I married the best husband of all time in May of 2000.
- I have a beautiful, kind, sweet daughter, Miranda who is now 6.5
- I have a superbly handsome son (who looks like his daddy I might add), Logan age 4 and 5/6.
- I have an energetic, gorgeous twin daughter, Haylie who is 2.5
- I have a super cuddly momma's girl, twin daughter Hannah who is surprise 2.5 (and Potty trained...mostly
- I have a dream baby, Lauren who is 5 months old, by the way she is beautiful too.
- I own my own home (well we own it together.)
- I get to be a full time stay at home mom.
- I graduated from DVC with my Associates degree.
- I was able to spend a semester of college away from home. It was a short stint but I got to try real college life. I totally recommend it for my kids.
- I have been to Disneyland lots of times, again thank you Honey!
- I can cook way better than I could 10 years ago.
- I am the aunt to 8 soon to be 9 and hopefully 10 not too long after that!
- I drove with my kids to Ohio and back to visit family.
- I have worked at the following places, Nature Company, IHOP, Going to the Game, Wells Fargo, Ross Gordon & Associates, Vinyl Specialists, Blanding Boyer & Rockwell, LLC, Aqua Products Group, and sorta CD Federal Credit Union. BB&R was where I met a great friend!
- I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Where I met the rest of my great friends.
- I have completed scrapbooks of my wedding, and Logan & Miranda's first year. As for Haylie and Hannah I am up to two months and Lauren well that's another decade away!
- I was able to give birth 2 times with only the lamest drug ever given to anybody, Demerol, and my biggest baby was without any drugs what so ever.
- I have beaten Jeremy in Lord of the Rings Trivia (he edited to add once).
- I have been labeled the "Best Cooker in the whole wide world"
- I am, for the most part, sane with lots of youngin's running around!
- Although this is a repeated accomplishment, I go food shopping with all the kids in tow!
- I am co-room mom for the second year in a row.
- I have single handedly fattened up my husband with lots of love and cooking.
- With the help of friends and family I am able to work in the classroom with Miranda once a week.
- I have not had a moving violation in several years. I did go through a bad streak for a bit though.
- I have read ALL the Anne of Green Gable Books and they are Grrreat!
- I can spend hours on the computer, my new fascination besides blogging is making slide shows to music.
- I have made my own television debut on The Concord Channel in an Adopt-A-Street commercial.
- As of next week I will have seen the following musicals: Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
I am so grateful for the life I have and the wonderful friends and family that surround me near and far. I feel I am abundantly blessed.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Here is a video of the evening. As always I am not thrilled with me but hey I am what I am. As you watch the snap shots make note of Logan, he cracks me up.
Thank you to the rest of the family and the wonderful gifts, as always you made me feel especially spoiled and special.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
:: E L I N O R ::
You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.
Monday, October 22, 2007
They were so cute. Although we didn't get it on video there were other cute moments. Tyler tried to kiss Lauren in the form of a bite on the head and Lauren tried to unbutton Tyler's pj's. Fortunately Tyler is an upstanding young man and put an end to that behavior! All the while Ethan was enjoying the swing without a care in the world.
When Jeremy told me about it I asked if Miranda was sad after she gave up her toy. He said no, she was too happy that she made this other little girl happy. I am proud of her for being so generous. I can learn alot from my children and this is one of those times. Not only that but it shows that we are doing a good job raising our kids, we all need a little reminder every once in a while.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
As always I want to brag for a moment. We have a harder time finding sitters on the weekends, and especially one when we are home. So we decided to keep the kids here and have them stay in their room under the supervision of Miranda (age 6.5). We did bribe them with a small gift if they were good. With all the commotion and fun they stayed in their room, and played so well together. Miranda read them stories, and they played a card game or two. I still feel a little guilty "locking" the kids up while we had a party. They were awesome, I have the BEST kids ever!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Onto the point...I am sure the news crew scoured the district classrooms looking for the best teacher, the cutest class, and smartest group! The search was over when they came across the Scholar Class. Here is the news clip. I hope you enjoy.
I told Miranda that she would now have to wear dark sunglasses and a baseball cap whenever she went anywhere. People would constantly stop her for her autograph, since she was on the news she will be famous. I wasn't sure if she took me seriously until the next day when she said in a surprised manner "Oh I forgot to wear my shades and hat and NOBODY asked for autograph!" Maybe for the adorable little cuties that got closeups it may be another story!
Thanks to a Technological Savy brother in law who could record and edit this for me!
Monday, October 08, 2007
Once I get the pictures I will post them. I am sure the pictures will not do the evening justice. It was a blast!
Friday, October 05, 2007
1. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name.
2. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3 At the end of your post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
D-Dynamite...I wish this implied my looks but it is for my temper, once the fuse is lit WATCH OUT!
I-Inquisitive, I like to know lots of stuff about people so I as lots of questions.
O-Outgoing, this is a new thing for me, so if you've known me a while you may be surprised
N-never uses the phone, well I do sometimes but I use e-mail most frequently and as often as possible avoiding the phone.
N-Nice, well I try to be.
E-exuberant, well I am not sure it fits but I think it is a cool word.
Alice (Hello Zurich!)
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Me: What's your name?
Me: What's her name?
Me: Her name is Hannah is your name Haylie?
Me: What's your name?
She just didn't get it.
Then went to this:
Me: What's your name?
Me: You are Hannah?
Haylie: Yah! hee-hee I Hannah!
Now it is this:
In true ME fashion here is a little clip of my baby going from happy to ...uh-hmm, upset with a push of the aforementioned tummy button.
He is still completely handsome. Now he just looks tough too! Just to let you know his injury did not stop him from continuing to be 100% BOY!