Saturday, December 29, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Christmas morning we had the traditional bearclaws and banana eggnog with Jer's mom and Chris. They stayed and watched us open our presents. Then we packed up and spent the rest of the day at Jer's mom's house, opening gifts, hanging out with the family and relaxing.
It was a great Christmas. I love this time of year and being able to feel closer to my Savior and the constant reminders to not only be Christ like but to remember the spirit of giving. That was our holiday in a nutshell.
Friday, December 21, 2007
I am so grateful for him and Grandma and for the example of goodly parents that they have shown me. They are also a great example of marriage. After Grandpa fell the first time he was in and out of the hospital fairly quickly so we went over there for Family Home Evening. We got to hear him tell some stories and share his testimony with the kids. I loved watching them sit there reverently listening to him Even Haylie and Hannah sat mostly quiet.
I wish I was great with words so I could pay the tribute he deserves. He is an amazing man with a strong testimony of the gospel. He always made me feel special when we had family gatherings. I am grateful that our kids will have some memory of their great-grandpa.
Logan will miss him. The other day we stopped by the house to drop some thing off for grandma to bring to grandpa. As we left Logan asked where Grandpa was. I told him that grandpa's body was getting old and in lot's of pain. I said that grandma could no longer care for him in all the ways that he needs, so grandpa is still close but he is in a home not too far away. Then the subject faded. You never know what the kids retain so I was surprised at the dinner prayer he prayed that granpa's body would feel better and he can live with Grandma June again.
I guess I am rambling, but know that we love him and will miss him.
Happy Birthday Logan!
Sunday, December 09, 2007
On Saturday we had our Ward Christmas Dinner. It was great. We got to experience a deep fried turkey for the first time. Holy guacamole is that good! The kids got to perform in the program.
They also got to see Santa and confirm what is wished for. Here are a couple of cute pictures: Please note we do not love Haylie any less than the other four. She saw Santa, started crying dug in her heals and high tailed it out of there! She did get a candy cane just like the rest of the kids.
Word of advice ask what the kids want from Santa before you go shopping, and wait until the last minute!!!
Miranda~originally wanted an Easy Bake oven...told Santa iDog
Logan~originally wanted Blue Lightening McQueen...told Santa Drums
Haylie~originally wanted whatever we, the parents, said...told Santa...well told us to tell Santa Winnie-the-Pooh
Hannah~originally wanted the same as Haylie...told Santa a baby doll.
Lauren~as always perfectly angelic. She didn't change her mind!
We are 2 for 5!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
2. Real tree or artificial? Real...although if tree tipping becomes a tradition we may switch teams!
3. When do you put up the tree? Friday after Thanksgiving...except this year it was the the following week.
4. When do you take the tree down? Between Christmas and New Years. There's nothing else to do.
5. Which do you prefer: Hot chocolate or Apple Cider? Hot Chocolate. Although I think my taste buds are maturing, I do like Hot Apple Cider who knew?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember the gifts as much as the creative ways we "earned" our gifts.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, although I would almost kill for a Willow Tree one
8. Hardest person to buy for? Jeremy...bad ebay experience.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Jeremy and my kids.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? A toilet seat?! It was a white elephant gift but it actually turn out handy, we also got a pregnancy test that was also handy!
11. Mail or email Christmas card? Mail, although I think I will post our picture and letter on our blog, I am addicted!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I watched White Christmas for the first time, I love it...Not sure I could choose, Liken the Scriptures: The First Christmas, oh I am not a good decision maker!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When do I stop? Usually November, or October...or sometime before then.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Christmas, I don't think so...wedding, um...yes?!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Aunt Dawn's Peanut Butter Fudge... Mom Jacobs' Stuffing, Carmel Stuffed French Toast...Who am I kidding anything in front of me.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did you know? It makes me grateful my kids are mine, and I am not Raising God's only Begotten! What can you teach Him?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home, It is hard to make others appreciate your traditions.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer?"You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen; Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall....blah...Rudolph!" I could but why when it's already there!
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? A star, infact it is already our second star for this year and we've only had our tree up 5 days.
Tag-- You're it! (That includes you!)
Monday, December 03, 2007
Anyways now to Saturday. We live +/- 1/2 mile from a Christmas tree lot. We decided we would try that one this year. We were trying to figure out how we could get our Christmas tree back and all 5 kids with one vehicle that does not happen to be a truck. So I said well...we could walk. We thought how we could get the tree back and it came to me. We have this fabulous all-terrain wagon that screams "I can carry a Christmas tree". Jeremy was sold. Off we went. I pushed the stroller with Lauren inside. The Haylie and Hannah rode in the wagon, Logan walked along side Jeremy and Miranda limped alongside me. It was fun.
So we got to the lot. We received the standard "are these all yours?" and "wow." Then we found the perfect tree. The sales man, I think his name was Chris (isn't every body's?), chuckled to himself when we said we were walking. We assured him we lived really close. We paid for the tree, they gave each of our kids a candy cane. We adjusted our children: Logan and Miranda walked (she was no longer limping amazing how Christmas can heal all ailments!). Haylie and Hannah jumped on to the stroller with Lauren and Jeremy got the tree. We headed home.
We stopped about 4 times to help Jeremy adjust. The tree was about a foot short to hold it comfortably so he had to reach over his shoulder and grab the tippy top of the tree. He was just far enough away from the wagon that it barely missed his foot as he walked. He said he used muscles that are typically ignored. Also note he helped with a move that day too. He was still smiling as we approached our street. We, I mean he, safely got our tree home with only two minor broken branches.
Then the fun began. "Can we decorate the tree?" "No, we need to put the lights and tinsel on" "Is it on yet?" while looking at the tree!, "why isn't it on yet?" We then went and put the stuff out front. It took us a lot longer to get things done, so the kids each put on three ornaments and headed to bed. Jeremy and I finished decorating and then we hit the sack.
At about midnight we heard a crash. It is becoming a tradition that our tree falls over! UGH! So we had to clean up the mess and re-straighten the tree, and re-tighten all EIGHT screws. About 20 ornaments fell off the tree, two broke in 3 or four places. One is missing two pieces and our Christmas tree star broke into a few pieces. Thank heavens for super glue. The star still needs some attention. So how often do you get to decorate you tree twice? In our home more often then we would like! As we were both exhausted trying to figure out if we can put Logan's Toy Story ornament back together and who was going to tell him if need be, it was comical but almost worthy of tears. These are costly ornaments. It came to us separately that as beautiful as the tree is all decorated, our house decorated inside and out, the music and lights, etc. It really isn't what the season is about. We have so much to be grateful for. This is all just cherries on top. But wow what a fun story to share!
Since knowing my husband since 6th grade he is always right. The beginning of this clip was posted earlier so it is a retake. It is till funny though. Sorry for the retake!
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Cookie Chemistry 101
If you have a great sugar cookie recipe I am in need of one. The best sugar cookie I have had included sour cream in the ingredients. I like a soft cake-like cookie, no so much crispy. I hope this helps you. Enjoy your holiday baking and please pass on those great sweet recipes!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I know our family is bigger than what the general public would like to see, but I couldn't imagine our family being anything less. With each child we add, it is a puzzle to figure out who he or she is (mostly she though) but the rewards of happiness is so worth it!
Friday, November 23, 2007
The kids say and do funny things all the time. I think to myself I don't want to forget this moment. I wish my memory could take pictures and file them to when I need a reminder or just to recall a special cherished moment. Alas, I forget and the memory is gone. With little notes on a blog I can at least remember the story. So I have made an executive decision to even blog the one liners! SO THERE! ; )
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
You can see Gwen's tooth growing back. Miranda's is too but it is the opposite top tooth.
In Miranda's Class she is learning about her heritage. It is kind of fun, we got to look up flags and see what they looked like and also dress a doll. Miranda has ancestry from: England, Scotland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Finland amongst others. Today in class they got to have a grandparent come to visit the classroom. Since her most of her grandparents work or are out of the area we moved onto great grandparents. Jeremy's Grandma lives right around the corner so Miranda invited her. She wrote a very nice letter and they mailed it. So today I went and picked up Grandma June to take her to the classroom to meet Miranda, by the way she is 90 years old. As she was getting into the car she was dressed so nice and her hair done. Although she said her hair was acting weird, I thought it looked great. Then she turned to me and said "I haven't been this excited since my first date." It was super cute. I walked her to the classroom and then had to get a few things ready at home. All the kids had their turkey masks on when the grandparents came in (as in picture above). Grandma said Miranda was the perfect hostess. She stayed right with Grandma, they read stories, played games and shared their grandparents. Then an hour later the parents and families were able to join them for a potluck lunch. So Lauren Jeremy and I went to meet her (Dani & Ben watched the rest of the crew THANKS SO MUCH for doing this while you are on vacation!!!). Here are a few pictures of the day. As always I made a treat and here are the pictures of my "Pilgrim Hats" made of fudge striped cookies topped with chocolate covered marshmallows. The buckle is piped in yellow frosting.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Friday, November 09, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
We had a great time. The cast was awesome. I am probably partial because I was in the audience, but in comparison I loved Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty. They did an amazing job, all notes on key, and the humor was great too. I can't say how good it was, it would never do it justice. I have been lucky enough to see a few musicals but this one takes the cake, I would see it again in a heartbeat! For those of you who have not seen it here are a couple performances here are a few of my favorite songs: Popular, Defying Gravity, and a short trailer to tell the basis for the story. Youtube has tons of clips mostly illegal copies... anyways, it was a fabulous trip. I would turn thirty again anyday to be treated this well....wait I am treated this good everyday! (That's for you Jer XOXO!)
Here is a little slideshow of our trip. (Note: Click pause on the music player on the right column towards the bottom)
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
You can't tell but that is the Jonas Brothers at the end of the catwalk.
This is the bus of Miley Cyrus in the background.
It was hilarious when we got home. Miranda ran in to her daddy and said: "Daddy I met Miley Cyrus." That alone was worth the price of a ticket. She was so thrilled. We are very blessed!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Let's start with Halloween. We had a great day. We started by baking up a storm. I made some cute graveyard cupcakes, spider cupcakes, and ghost cupcakes. I worked fairly hard and I forgot to take a picture. Oh well, there is always next year. Then I picked Miranda up from school and we headed to Jer's work to show off my 5 lovely kids. Here are four of them:
Then we headed to the Clayton Valley Pumpkin Farm where we took some pumpkin pictures. Here are a few of my favorites:
After we went to the pumpkin farm, we headed to the Preston's for a fabulous halloween party with home made scones (which may now be a halloween tradition) and a fabulous pinata. It was lots of fun. Then we headed home to Trick-or-Treat. We mad one pit stop at my uncle's house where I made the treat providers come to the car so I didn't have to unload the treaters! We go home and ran the little ones for about 1.5 hours. We knocked on all the doors with lights on from here to Grandma June's and Grandpa Ralph's. Where the had a special treat for the kids. We came home and Grandma Bev had her traditional home made donuts. We get to frost them and top them as we please. It was so late we made the kids save theirs until the next day. Jer and I enjoyed at least for each that night!
And that was our
You embody the perfect blend of sweetness and seduction. You personality is just as luscious and irresistible as chocolate ice cream. You have a flirty, melty attitude that's easygoing and delicious. You appreciate luxurious, extravagant things, like the way ultra-soft fabrics feel against your skin. Some people want to hog you all to themselves, but you find ways to make everyone feel special.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Thanks for letting us come over and sharing your stories with us. More importantly thank you for being such a wonderful example to us in so many ways.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
- I married the best husband of all time in May of 2000.
- I have a beautiful, kind, sweet daughter, Miranda who is now 6.5
- I have a superbly handsome son (who looks like his daddy I might add), Logan age 4 and 5/6.
- I have an energetic, gorgeous twin daughter, Haylie who is 2.5
- I have a super cuddly momma's girl, twin daughter Hannah who is surprise 2.5 (and Potty trained...mostly
- I have a dream baby, Lauren who is 5 months old, by the way she is beautiful too.
- I own my own home (well we own it together.)
- I get to be a full time stay at home mom.
- I graduated from DVC with my Associates degree.
- I was able to spend a semester of college away from home. It was a short stint but I got to try real college life. I totally recommend it for my kids.
- I have been to Disneyland lots of times, again thank you Honey!
- I can cook way better than I could 10 years ago.
- I am the aunt to 8 soon to be 9 and hopefully 10 not too long after that!
- I drove with my kids to Ohio and back to visit family.
- I have worked at the following places, Nature Company, IHOP, Going to the Game, Wells Fargo, Ross Gordon & Associates, Vinyl Specialists, Blanding Boyer & Rockwell, LLC, Aqua Products Group, and sorta CD Federal Credit Union. BB&R was where I met a great friend!
- I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Where I met the rest of my great friends.
- I have completed scrapbooks of my wedding, and Logan & Miranda's first year. As for Haylie and Hannah I am up to two months and Lauren well that's another decade away!
- I was able to give birth 2 times with only the lamest drug ever given to anybody, Demerol, and my biggest baby was without any drugs what so ever.
- I have beaten Jeremy in Lord of the Rings Trivia (he edited to add once).
- I have been labeled the "Best Cooker in the whole wide world"
- I am, for the most part, sane with lots of youngin's running around!
- Although this is a repeated accomplishment, I go food shopping with all the kids in tow!
- I am co-room mom for the second year in a row.
- I have single handedly fattened up my husband with lots of love and cooking.
- With the help of friends and family I am able to work in the classroom with Miranda once a week.
- I have not had a moving violation in several years. I did go through a bad streak for a bit though.
- I have read ALL the Anne of Green Gable Books and they are Grrreat!
- I can spend hours on the computer, my new fascination besides blogging is making slide shows to music.
- I have made my own television debut on The Concord Channel in an Adopt-A-Street commercial.
- As of next week I will have seen the following musicals: Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
I am so grateful for the life I have and the wonderful friends and family that surround me near and far. I feel I am abundantly blessed.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Here is a video of the evening. As always I am not thrilled with me but hey I am what I am. As you watch the snap shots make note of Logan, he cracks me up.
Thank you to the rest of the family and the wonderful gifts, as always you made me feel especially spoiled and special.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
:: E L I N O R ::
You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.
Monday, October 22, 2007
They were so cute. Although we didn't get it on video there were other cute moments. Tyler tried to kiss Lauren in the form of a bite on the head and Lauren tried to unbutton Tyler's pj's. Fortunately Tyler is an upstanding young man and put an end to that behavior! All the while Ethan was enjoying the swing without a care in the world.
When Jeremy told me about it I asked if Miranda was sad after she gave up her toy. He said no, she was too happy that she made this other little girl happy. I am proud of her for being so generous. I can learn alot from my children and this is one of those times. Not only that but it shows that we are doing a good job raising our kids, we all need a little reminder every once in a while.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
As always I want to brag for a moment. We have a harder time finding sitters on the weekends, and especially one when we are home. So we decided to keep the kids here and have them stay in their room under the supervision of Miranda (age 6.5). We did bribe them with a small gift if they were good. With all the commotion and fun they stayed in their room, and played so well together. Miranda read them stories, and they played a card game or two. I still feel a little guilty "locking" the kids up while we had a party. They were awesome, I have the BEST kids ever!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Onto the point...I am sure the news crew scoured the district classrooms looking for the best teacher, the cutest class, and smartest group! The search was over when they came across the Scholar Class. Here is the news clip. I hope you enjoy.
I told Miranda that she would now have to wear dark sunglasses and a baseball cap whenever she went anywhere. People would constantly stop her for her autograph, since she was on the news she will be famous. I wasn't sure if she took me seriously until the next day when she said in a surprised manner "Oh I forgot to wear my shades and hat and NOBODY asked for autograph!" Maybe for the adorable little cuties that got closeups it may be another story!
Thanks to a Technological Savy brother in law who could record and edit this for me!
Monday, October 08, 2007
Once I get the pictures I will post them. I am sure the pictures will not do the evening justice. It was a blast!
Friday, October 05, 2007
1. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name.
2. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3 At the end of your post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
D-Dynamite...I wish this implied my looks but it is for my temper, once the fuse is lit WATCH OUT!
I-Inquisitive, I like to know lots of stuff about people so I as lots of questions.
O-Outgoing, this is a new thing for me, so if you've known me a while you may be surprised
N-never uses the phone, well I do sometimes but I use e-mail most frequently and as often as possible avoiding the phone.
N-Nice, well I try to be.
E-exuberant, well I am not sure it fits but I think it is a cool word.
Alice (Hello Zurich!)
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Me: What's your name?
Me: What's her name?
Me: Her name is Hannah is your name Haylie?
Me: What's your name?
She just didn't get it.
Then went to this:
Me: What's your name?
Me: You are Hannah?
Haylie: Yah! hee-hee I Hannah!
Now it is this:
In true ME fashion here is a little clip of my baby going from happy to ...uh-hmm, upset with a push of the aforementioned tummy button.
He is still completely handsome. Now he just looks tough too! Just to let you know his injury did not stop him from continuing to be 100% BOY!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Friday, September 28 Ravioli (Costco)/Texas Garlic Toast/Veggies
Saturday - Chicken Gumbo/Veggies
Sunday - Mom Jacobs Cooks Dinner (we alternate weeks)
Monday - Pancakes, Sausage and Eggs (with yummy Boysenberry Syrup)
Tuesday - Mexican Lasagna*/Green Salad
Wednesday -Heather's Mom's Chicken/Red Potato Casserole/Veggies
Thursday - BBQ Pork Tenderloin**/Grilled Potatoes/Grilled Zucchini
Friday - Pesto Cheesy Chicken Roll-ups/Rice/Veggies
Saturday - Chicken 'n' Biscuits/Applesauce
Sunday - Orange Chicken(Frozen Aisle in Costco)/Rice/Veggies
Monday - Pigs in a Blanket/Tater Tots/Peaches
Tuesday - Chicken Poppy Casserole/Veggies/Applesauce
Wednesday - Chinese Casserole/Veggies/Fruit
Thursday - Meatloaf/Baked Potatoes/Veggies
*I am going to cook it with corn tortillas and use Mexican style kidney beans instead of refried beans.
**When I went to purchase the tenderloins at Costco they didn't have them so I got Pork Country Ribs instead. I am just going to marinate them with my favorite sauce and throw it on the grill. No dishes wah-la!
So this is my plan in a nutshell. Just a few things I keep in mind when planning a menu. Mondays are crazy so I try to keep the meal planned to a 15 minute prep, nothing too hard or that cooks too long. If Jer is not going to be home or we are going on a date I cook an easy meal, such as mac n cheese or fish sticks. Although this is a very chicken filled menu I usually try to do 2-3 chicken meals and 2-3 beef meals per week and then maybe a ham or pork meal, and a breakfast meal. Sometimes things come up so I get to carry over meals to the net meal period.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
As we were leaving Logan says "Mommy why are there lots of bad people in the world?" I tried to explain that some people just make bad choices and others are born...(I had a hard time saying this part so hopefully it came out OK)...and their minds don't work right so they seem bad but it it not their fault. Logan in turn says, "me too sometimes." I was not sure what he meant and then he said sometimes his mind is bad like when he treats Haylie and Hannah bad. I had no idea how much my little ones do notice their surroundings. It is sad that they come in contact with things that I would rather they didn't but at the same time I am so grateful I can experience it with them and we can talk about it so it makes sense...as much as it can anyways.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Yesterday logan was playing out in his favorite "back to nature" location...our backyard. He came in crying saying a bug bit him. We have seen black "weedows" as he calls them so my first question was "is it a spider?" (that would be my luck see preious post on spiders!) He said no and tried, through MAJOR tears and drool, to explain what kind of bug it was that bit him. After he calmed down he said "it was a scorpi! A scorpi bit me." To those of you who are not familiar with Little Einsteins, there is a video The Legend of the Golden Pyraimid that has a scorpion in it Logan keeps hearing scorpi. He pointed out the bug later and it was a pincher bug.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
So I started the day similar to that of the last few weeks. I got up showered, read...I got Lauren up and she spit up a very pathetic little bit so I went to get the wipes to wipe her up. As I reached for them my arm went through a spider web. Ewww. So I turned on the hood light above the stove so I could see better. There was a spider web from my hood fan down to my purse. As I looked inside there was a huge web, like there was no chance I was reaching in there. By the looks of it you would think that I hadn't moved my purse in a long time, but I just put it there around 8:30 last night and this was about 7:00 this morning. So I got our cob web catcher and cleaned up as best I could without touching my purse. I am so glad the Lord gave me at least one boy.
Monday, September 10, 2007
5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago
1. Working at IHOP.
2. Waiting for my boyfriend to get home from boot camp.
3. Taking classes at DVC.
4. Writing letters to mt future hubby while on his mission.
5. Driving my first new car, a Saturn Sports Coupe, the year before the three door.
5 Things on my to-do list today
1. Find sitter for Sat.
2. Pull more weeds.
3. Finish Saturdays Laundry.
4. Go to friends house for dinner (...Thanks!)
5. Go to movies and see Becoming Jane...finally!
5 Snacks I enjoy
1. Ice Cream
2. Sour Cream and Cheddar Chips
4. Cheese and Crackers
5. Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
5 Songs I know the lyrics to
1. Greatest Love of All-Whitney Houston
2. The Right Stuff-New Kids on the Block (or NKOTB for you youngin's ha-ha)
3. Just Another Day in Paradise-Phil Vassar (My Theme Song!)
4. Viktor Vito & Freddie Vasco - Laurie Berkner
5. I could Not Ask for More - Sara Evans
5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Go to Hawaii.
2. Build my Dream Home.
3. Invest in BYU to make sure my kids get accepted!!!!
4. Buy a vacation home in the mountains.
5. Buy my hubby the action figures he is missing.
5 Bad Habits
1. Staying too long...on the computer, at someone's house...
4. Baking when I want to loose weight.
5. Over planning.
5 Things I'd never wear again
1. Hammer Pants.
2. 80's Bangs.
3. My wedding Dress...besides it would never fit again!
4. A bikini, O.K. I only wore one twice!
5. Keds. (I looked for a picture and they actually have cute ones now!)
5 Favorite toys
2. My Stampin' Stuff
3. My Scrapbook Stuff
5. My new favorite is the weed puller!
Now for Tagging:
4. Hunter's Mom (or Dad)
5. April P.
Just copy and paste into a new post.