Thursday, September 20, 2007

Things that make you go HMMM!?

Yesterday the kids and I went to get frozen yogurt with my sister-in-law and her family. We were at the park in downtown playing and were surrounded by lots of not so pleasant activities. Particularly two men yelling back and forth at eachother across the park then doing push-ups. There were a few other things happening but I don't want you to think we live in the ghetto! It is a pretty great place.

As we were leaving Logan says "Mommy why are there lots of bad people in the world?" I tried to explain that some people just make bad choices and others are born...(I had a hard time saying this part so hopefully it came out OK)...and their minds don't work right so they seem bad but it it not their fault. Logan in turn says, "me too sometimes." I was not sure what he meant and then he said sometimes his mind is bad like when he treats Haylie and Hannah bad. I had no idea how much my little ones do notice their surroundings. It is sad that they come in contact with things that I would rather they didn't but at the same time I am so grateful I can experience it with them and we can talk about it so it makes sense...as much as it can anyways.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2