Thursday, November 08, 2007

One WICKED Trip.

OK I have waited to post this because I want it to represent the awesome-ness of the trip. We drove down with the intention of driving at our leisure. We stopped by the Jer's work and it turned out to be For Good! (Wink, wink) The drive went perfect. We got down to LA at about 7:00. All the kids were so glad to see each other. Especially the toothless duo, Miranda and Gwen. On Saturday we lounged around in the morning and then we took all the kids to see Bee Movie. Super cute. We came back and relaxed. Then Jeremy and I went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was a first for Jer. The food was great but the company was better! We came home and got dressed up in a fancy clothes (not recommended on a full stomach!) Then headed to Hollywood to see Wicked at the Pantages Theater.

We had a great time. The cast was awesome. I am probably partial because I was in the audience, but in comparison I loved Eden Espinosa and Megan Hilty. They did an amazing job, all notes on key, and the humor was great too. I can't say how good it was, it would never do it justice. I have been lucky enough to see a few musicals but this one takes the cake, I would see it again in a heartbeat! For those of you who have not seen it here are a couple performances here are a few of my favorite songs: Popular, Defying Gravity, and a short trailer to tell the basis for the story. Youtube has tons of clips mostly illegal copies... anyways, it was a fabulous trip. I would turn thirty again anyday to be treated this well....wait I am treated this good everyday! (That's for you Jer XOXO!)

Here is a little slideshow of our trip. (Note: Click pause on the music player on the right column towards the bottom)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ok... I am finally leaving a comment. I have been waiting for this post!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip! I LOVE Wicked and I knew you would too. Plus you went to my favorite resturant! You hit 30 in style!!

Rebecca said...

Oh that looks so good! I'm glad you had fun! And I've been meaning to ask you what slide program you use to make your shows...?

April J. said...

For the ones with music like this one I use Windows Movie Maker. If you have Windows it comes with the computer. Usually under video in the start menu. I hope that helps. It is very fun and very addicting...plus you can always call it a gift when you burn them on DVD.

Rebecca said...

Thanks, I found it. I never knew I had that! :)

Staci said...

Way to go Jeremy for planning such a fun birthday. If Dave did something like that for me I'd be blown away! I'm sure you more than deserve it though, being a busy mom of four little ones. Glad you guys had fun. A friend of mine also saw Wicked and she loved it too.

Swidget 1.0 2