Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Celebration

Wow it has been a busy few days. I got a little over eager to re-arrange rooms. We now have a Boys Club and Girls club! I moved a couple dressers between room and a book case or two, not to mention practically all of Toys R Us! Well I am sure they don't have that many toys but let me tell you I have no idea where to put it all and be organized! Needless to say with an 8 month pregnant belly I was in a bit of pain in all the wrong areas! So I took it easy Wednesday and just tried to do the little stuff like find a place for all the stuff the twins will destroy like Barbies, Polly Pockets, and Littlest Pet Shop...and the newest twin invention of Polly Pet Shop!
Thursday we had Dinner at my house, I got to cook the big T-day Turkey. As I was prepping the turkey and pulling out the neck I couldn't help but wonder if that is what the doctor feels like when trying to assist in birthing a baby. Then we have had washer problems, one of the little socks clogged the drain and we can't get it out, so I went into the garage and Jer has the washer laying down and is reaching in underneath to try and get the sock out...I was beginning to sense a pattern. I have a one tracked mind but I am going out on a limb and saying any woman who is within 5 weeks of delivery is on that same track. Dinner was a success. The 18lb turkey that was supposed to take 4 hours to cook was very well cooked by 3 hours. So it got to soak up it's juices for some time. The turkey didn't taste over cooked so that was good news. When I took the foil off, it looked like a turkey from a horror movie and would never get any beauty prizes that's for sure. Speaking of beauty prizes...my brother-in-law has bragged for a few years about his pie making skills so this year we challenged him. They were excellent and pretty!
We got to hang out and watch the cousins play and laugh, like all holidays should be. It was perfect. Except for those that we love and missed.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2