Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's

My mom lives in Ohio where she has been since Miranda was about 3 months old. I love her dearly and she is always teaching me something, whether I act on it is another story but I am listening. ; ) She started off as being a young mom while still growing up herself. At the age of 22 she became a single mom raising three little girls. She's still working on it. I believe it is true you never stop raising your children. We have had some rocky roads and I am still learning how to be a good daughter. One of these days I will figure it out. She shaped me into who I am today and for that I am grateful. I am grateful that she loves me with all my funny quirks and my never ending supply of grandchildren, ha-ha! I don't say it nearly enough but I love you Mom. Thanks for always being there waiting for me to come around!

I have another mother who I got by choice. I ran across this poem:

You are the other mother I received,
the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you, mom,
For the loving things you've done.
You've given me a gracious man,
with whom I share my life.
You are his lovely mother,
and I his lucky wife!
You use to pat his little head,
And now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy,
and then gave me the man.

I am so thankful for the son she raised and shaped him into, it has made my life a dream come true. Both of these women are extraordinary. I wouldn't trade either of them.
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Miller family said...

That is so wonderful! I wish my daughter-in-law were as grateful.

Swidget 1.0 2