Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day play-by-play

I won't go into too much detail, but yesterday was great!  Jeremy had no meetings in the morning so we actually ate breakfast as a family before church, he was able to help get the kids ready before he left.  After church I got to lounge around and Jeremy cooked Taco Salad for dinner.  We shared it with Jeremy's mom and his sister, who is about 16 weeks pregnant woo-hoo!, as well as her family.  It had been a few weeks since we have been together so it was nice.  There is always laughter all around when we are together!

On Saturday Jeremy took the kids out for "an errand" and before they left I told Miranda "just to let you know I want See's candy for Mother's Day.  Just don't tell Dad I said it OK?"  She cheerily responded with an "A-firm, mom!"  To which she proceeded to not abide the don't-tell-dad-I-said-that part!  (See he does follow my counsel.)

As mother's day came to a close I got the following gift:
He knows me huh?  Chocolate and a good book!  Before I was 30 I would not have ever asked for chocolates, and I definitely wouldn't have been so specific, then some friends got me a box of 30 See's chocolates for my 30th birthday and I learned to appreciate the good stuff!  This past Christmas we got a couple boxes of chocolates and let me tell you, if you are going to break the calorie bank make it worth it with See's!

Well I have chocolates to eat, a book to read and children to ignore!  (Jeremy, please know it is all your fault, besides the kids like it this way.  They get away with everything!)  I hope you were treated like royalty, I know I sure was.  Thanks Jeremy for all you did to make the day extra special.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2