Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Today is the day we celebrate Father's, and I just realized I forgot to call the two men responsible for my upbringing. One who will always be there when and IF I call, and the other who came into my life as a teenager. He was the one who kept stability in my life and was a great example of what family should mean, not to mention he was the first consistent influence of religion. Both of my Dad's are very different and I love them both for being different. I know each of them love me too even though I don't keep in touch too well. So Happy Father's Day, I am thinking of you.

And for the next extremely important father in my life, my awesome husband. Who knew a father could be so much fun. He is a great example to me and has given my...OK our children such a great start from the beginning. He is a man who knew from a very young age he wanted to be a father. Nothing means more to him then spending time with his family and having fun with his kids. Especially because they think he is very funny. They love to laugh with him and he loves hearing their laughter. He enjoys knowing their friends and knowing what they are doing. He is a great example of Gospel living, our kids blow me away at their knowledge of Gospel principles, ie tithing, baptism, service...I am so grateful that he was relentless at tracking down my number. Two years of serving a mission and tracking down investigators gave him good experience!
Here is a picture MJ made for him at school:


This is what is said on the back:

Just in case you can't read it it says "My dads name is Jeremy. My dad is special because he married the hotest mama. I like going the A's game."

No I didn't have anything to do with this and am a little embarrassed that I have taken a little recognition on Father's Day. MJ makes me feel so good. Not only do I feel sometimes that I am not the best mother, I question the example I have given her. I guess the lack of confidence needs to go away, nothing makes me more proud than to hear that MJ wants to be a mom when she grows up, and she even said "I wish everyone could have a mom like mine!" I know MJ is a girl so of course her aspirations to be like me are pretty natural, but to give Jeremy equal credit Logan at age 5 says "Mom when I am a parent will you and Dad come over and play with my kids?" I almost was in tears to know that Jeremy is such a good Dad that Logan already thinks about being one. Our children are very lucky. Neither of us are perfect parents and we are constantly learning, making mistakes and learning from those too. But without a doubt our kids know how much we love them mistakes and all.
To all the Fathers out there Happy Father's Day. We wouldn't be here with out you! And to the Father of my children I love you and I wouldn't change a thing about you, you are unpredictable only sometimes and I love it! Thank you for loving me!
And FYI MJ and Logan are taking their Dad on a Date to the A's game. So I took her subtle hint as a great Father's day gift.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2