Tuesday, April 03, 2007

WARNING! Proud Mommy Moment!

OK I have to share because I am so excited. In Kindergarten they do an end of year play. Miranda was very excited about her role in the play. When I picked her up from school she ran to me and said "Mommy I am Goldilocks!" Thinking that it was a hodgepodge of stories I was tickled she got the small role. Turns out their play is Goldilocks and the Three Bears. My little girl is the star, I am flattered that the teacher chose my daughter for the role. Thoughts went through my mind "My daughter has the cutest ringlets when I put her hair in sponge curlers, she is always singing, the way her eyes sparkle, it must be her flair for dramatics..." Then as all pride must be humbled so was mine! As I was talking to Miranda it turns out Ms. Z put all the kids' names in a bag, like all experienced and intelligent teachers would. She then drew the name for each part. So it was by lucky chance Miranda got her role. She was also supposed to get her part yesterday, being the "star" it must be huge. We all know what Goldilocks says. So today a friend of mine tells me she got Miranda's part in yesterday's envelope. She then goes on to tell me that Miranda doesn't say ANYTHING. She just has to know when to move, and she will be on stage the whole time. So my stage mom moment came to a close. Now I will just sit in the audience (hopefully) holding a very new born, or being terribly, uncomfortably pregnant, and watch my daughter pantomime the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and you better believe I will be just as proud clicking away with the camera and probably video too (or at leasttelling Jeremy what to do)! Stay tuned for a picture or video, May 10th!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2