Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gratitude 6

Today Logan and Miranda were fighting at the computer. Logan went to immediate hysterics because he lost some of his game time and Miranda was playing his game time. Instead of yelling I told them to get their jammies on and get in bed. I sent them to bed and let them stay there as long as possible to make them think they were missing dinner. I went in and talked to them, left again and finally allowed them to come and eat dinner with the rest of us.

As Logan left his bedroom he looked at Miranda and said "I am sorry for getting us in trouble Miranda" to which Miranda responded, "No it was my fault that we got in trouble." "I forgive you Miranda" is how Logan responded. I could not have been more proud at how they handled that.

I am grateful for repentance. We are all imperfect, we all make mistakes and we all learn from them...eventually. I am grateful for the fact that if we own up to our mistakes, Heavenly Father will always say "I forgive you!" He loves us that much and it is unconditional. Isn't that something to be grateful for?

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2