Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Swagbucks and a 5k

It's official I have signed up for my first 5k.  I am not a runner and not in shape.  I made a goal this year to run in a 5k.  I want to further that goal by saying I want to run (well jog) the whole thing.  I have never ran 3.2 miles, I think the furthest I have ever gone is 2 miles in a college circuit training course.  And to go even further my goal is to do it under 30 minutes.  So there you have it, any advice or encouragement...or offers for training buddies let me know!

On to straightening a few things out because my guilty concience won't allow me to mislead you even if was unintentional.  First off in my last post I said I was probably at 45 minutes for a 5K.  That is what I assume as I have not tried it.  I know I can walk a 5K about that fast.  It could be worse.  Secondly, I misunderstood the whole swagbucks thing.  When you refer some one, you can earn up to 1,000 points from them, I thought you received 1,000 points automatically.  So let's say I refer you, you then have to download the search bar and use it.  When you earn points, I earn those same points up to 1,000 points.  So if you want to delete the toolbar I totally understand, but for those who have signed up to support me thank you!

I have already earned 60 SB from my referrals, so thank you.  If you are interested in earning points you can check it out here.  If you would like to still sign up click here. (Thats my special I referred you link!)  You don't have to do anything additional then use their bar as your search engine.  You will randomly earn points.  If you are trying to earn something there are ways to get the points quicker, but it does take time.

Anyways thanks again, Honest April!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0 2