Thursday, February 25, 2010

begging for free stuff...

So have you heard of SwagBucks?  It is a search engine but they reward you points for using them.  As you collect points you can get stuff ranging from gift cards like amazon or starbucks, to actual video game consoles.  So here is what I am asking of you...sign up.  If you are not already subscribed click this link.  It will take you to Swagbucks.  It may download a search bar at the top.  I have had no problems with junk or weird computer issues.  I normally wouldn't shamelessly promote this but I have a reason.  Here it is...

I am starting to run, yes pick your jaw up off the floor, not very good but I am trying to condition my self to be able to run a consistent three miles in less than 30 minutes.  I think I am at about 45 minutes right now.  There is a 5K in June that I would like to participate in.  Here is where Swagbucks come in.  I want an iPod for running and it just isn't in our budget, it is something that really doesn't  count as a neccesity.  With Swagbucks, if you sign up you start off with 30 points.  If 10 people sign up using the link I have provided I will have enough to get this and follow the counsel of not going into debt for non-neccessities.  In saying that, you then can refer 10 people and get yourself a cool iPod or something even more fantabulous!

Shameless plug over, I will still be friends if you don't sign up but if you do I make some pretty good chocolate chip cookies...and if you are too far I will emailyou the recipe haha!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Only because I like you :) And I totally promote running. Good luck! And where is the 5K you are running? I need some more races to keep me motivated. Send me an email. Thanks!

Hayley said...

I have been hesitant in doing this but I would do anything to help you get a free Ipod. That is awesome. Just a hint to anyone that is going to sign up, if you enter the code HIP2SAVE in the code box at the bottom when you are signing up you will get 60 bucks instead of the usual 30. Good Luck!

Swidget 1.0 2