Thursday, April 09, 2009
We had lots of friends and family who came to show there support. It didn't matter that they may believe differently they still came. That means the world to me. I am so grateful for our Savior who can bridge the gap between religious differences. This day was all about Miranda, I got to give a short talk about baptism. Then Jeremy did the honors of baptizing her with her Uncle Chris as a witness as well as President Score. He was her Bishop for most of her life but got called into the Stake Presidency in January.
When Miranda, and anyone gets baptized they make the following two way promise or covenant with the Lord. She promises to:
1. To take upon you the name of Christ (D&C 18:21-25)
2. To bear one another’s burdens that they might be light (Mosiah 18:8)
3. To stand as a witness of God at all times, in all things, and in all places even until death. (Mosiah 18:9)
4. To obey the commandments of God and to serve him (Mosiah 18:10)
Heavenly Father promises:
1. To accept you as a member of his Church
2. To forgive your sins if you repent
3. To give you the gift of the Holy Ghost
4. To bring you into the kingdom of God in heaven if you remain obedient for all your earthly life.
We then did her confirmation. Jeremy gave her a beautiful blessing as well as the gift of the Holy Ghost, who will be a constant companion as well as a comforter in times of trial when the feeling of peace is needed. She will have the guidance of her loving Heavenly Father with her always as long as she Chooses The Right (CTR). In the circle where many people who are dear to our family and have watched Miranda grow from a little girl to a blossoming young lady. For records sake there was: President Score, Bishop Lopez, Uncle Chris, Chris Rossi, Matt Cook and Todd Porter (who has a son getting baptized this Saturday Wa-hoo!)
While I am proud of Miranda, it was neat watching Jeremy do the honors. I couldn't help but get teary eyed knowing that Jeremy is worthy to hold the priesthood and feel honored to do so. I had two people to be proud of, awesome!