Friday, August 27, 2010

I am TIRED!

This is not a complaint just airing my thoughts.  What do you do as a stay at home mom, when you really want to be involved at school with the parent club and in the classroom, at church not only in your calling but help others as well, exercise, craft, help throw celebrations, take care of your kids...I am exhausted and I haven't even done anything yet.  In fact my next goal is to clean my house so it will be ready in the morning for a baby shower.  None of the jobs I take on are overwhelming, and if I were an organized individual it would not be an issue.  I am a procrastinator, and a little on the lazy side too.  This is NOT humility speaking it is fact.  Will anyone who comes to my house please give me a "True Dat!" (Tara that was for you!)  My house is not clean, infact it is rarely picked up with the exception of the 10 minutes before Jeremy gets home until I am left alone with the children again the next morning.

Again I am starting to get stuck in the rut that I hear my self repeating the phrase "If I can just get through this week."  On my list of commitments, there is not one thing I want to scratch off or feel I need to scratch off.  I am very fortunate to have friends who are willing to swap sitting with me so I can be available for my kids at school (I love my friends!)  I am grateful for a husband that would prefer the house be clean, the laundry done and dinner on the table when he walks in the door, but roles up his sleeves, takes a deep breath and gets to work...some more.  I have help, I am not doing this alone.  But man I am exhausted.  I am absolutely positive this has nothing to do with staying up until 2:00am having a great time chatting it up with some friends!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Chore chart. My mom had us cleaning the bathrooms and changing the sheets on our beds at 8 yrs old. We also had a chart with helping out for dinner, either setting the table or cleaning up after.

brittany doll said...

I am glad that you are my friend too!

Tara said...

Better busy than bored, right? It just means you get to pack the fun together to spread the love (and fun) around! Better than being socially awkward! True that! And thank you so much for taking a personal interest in my sanity. You are perfection.

The State of Our Family said...

I had fun catching up on your blog starting at the bottom and scrolling up. By the time I got there I was tired too! You do A LOT! Hang in there! One thing that helps me not to procrastinate is to make lists...I'm crazy about lists! It's the only way I get things done! Take everything in small bites and bask in the accomplishment of each small goal! You rock, girlfriend!

Swidget 1.0 2