Monday, January 04, 2010

2010

For our family home evening this last week I decided instead of thinking of resolutions that we would write a letter to our future selves. The kids did pretty good but are not yet into forward thinking or writing long drawn out letters with details, details, details... I thought I would write my letter here, hopefully I won't loose it.

Dear April 2010,
I hope you have had a great year. I know as it began there were concerns with how the economy would effect our family. I also know that you had such love and confidence in our loving and compassionate heavenly Father that you realized your concerns were superficial. I hope it has all turned out well.

One thing I hope you have worked on is your testimony and relationship with Heavenly Father, getting to know him better by feasting on the scripture (I have always loved that phrase, something I could eat and not worry about my figure!), praying often, and most importantly knowing when to be silent, to listen and obey.

I hope you have spent your year looking for those in need, whether it by being a friend, a hug, a smile, a warm meal, or a kind note. Not only found them but did something about it. There are so many fabulous people out there, don't limit yourself!

I am eager to hear about your experience with the handcart trek! What fun!

Your spiritual growth is important but keeping your body healthy is as well. I hope you were able to be consistent with exercising. You want to be able to keep up with all those kids who are probably running circles around you! One goal you have made was to RUN a whole three miles (5k) There was one in May, I hope you reached that goal and had FUN doing it too!

If there was one resolution that I hope you worked on and that all the above fall under is consistency. I hope you were able to find a way to be consistent and commited to any task that you start. Crafting is always a passion, I can't wait to see how far you have come this year and what new crafts you were able to complete.
With much love,
April 2009

1 comment:

Jeff said...

What a great idea! And great thoughts! I should do the same! (this is rebecca, not jeff)

Swidget 1.0 2