Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Love Day!

Jeremy and I spent a fabulous night away last month in an early celebration of Valentine's Day. So yesterday we focused our love on the family. We had a great potluck at the church. There were over 30 kids on bikes, scooters and other various items with wheels, including two Plasma Cars
Had I got it together in time we would have had a Mom vs. Mom race, but I was too late in processing that idea.  I look forward to next time.

We came home and I started our dinner.  The two things that mean the most to Jeremy are a clean house and dinner ready on the table when he gets home at 6:00 (or 6:15...maybe 6:30).  The main reason is that if this is done he gets to actually spend time with the kids which doesn't involve him getting on the kids to clean, and if dinner is at 7:00 there is no family fun time, just dinner pajamas, scriptures and good night.

So that was my goal, of which I didn't REALLY achieve any but I was OH so close.  On our menu was heart shaped raviolis with homemade pink Alfredo sauce, broccoli and cheese casserole, home made dinner rolls and a cottage cheese and Jell-o salad.  For dessert I made caramel popcorn then covered it in chocolate.  It was pretty much DELICIOUS!


We used the fancy dishes, fancy goblets and even some fresh flowers from our neighbor's garden.  The kids really felt special using the "grown-up" dishes.  We ended the night with family night, scripture study and the meanest gift ever!  We gave the kids each a box of See's candy, then made them give it back unopened so they could go to bed.  Isn't being a parent delightful?

As we were sitting eating dinner I couldn't help but feel so blessed and loved.  I looked across the table and my heart was full of gratitude, without the man at the other end this would not be possible.  I love you Jeremy, not because the calendar tells me that I have to but because you have given me an awesome life everyday of the year!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

That looks like a perfect Valentine's day

Swidget 1.0 2