Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Blessings abound!

It was not more than a couple hours ago that I posted about having out pictures erased that I got an instant message from my mom saying she emailed me some pictures of her visit.  This was the first one I opened.
Please don 't think I am a baby when I tell you I cried when I saw these pictures!  In this picture Jeremy is explaining how they will hold hands so Logan can cover his nose when he is baptized by immersion.
 This was like the only photos I took.  I am beyond grateful that my mom was snapping photos.  Not only did she get these but she took others that included the loved ones that were there to support Logan.


As for the baptism, Logan asked Miranda to give the talk on baptism.  She did an excellent job.  Then she and her good friend did a duet of the song Baptism.  At this point I have an image I want burned into my memory forever.  While Miranda was singing, Logan turned and looked at Jeremy with the biggest grin on his face, Jeremy looked down and smiled.  So precious.  It was definitely a day that he felt very special.  Then I followed with a talk on the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  He was then baptized by Jeremy and later confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It was a great occasion and we were so pleased with the many family members and friends that were there.

Oh and for the record we are two for two with the water being freezing.  Jeremy showed up early to fill the font, then locked it all up with the water running and came home to change.  When he got back less than 20 minutes later some one had emptied the font and with it went all the hot water.  It takes about an hour to fill up the font and we had to settle for about 40 minutes.  It was enough.

After it was done, Jeremy and Logan were changing back into their church clothes and Jeremy asked Logan how he felt.  Logan responded "I feel very proud of myself."  Logan we are proud of you too!

4 comments:

Liz said...

So happy for you April! I love the new blog look too. Your children are awesome!

Handsfullmom said...

I'm so glad you have those pictures. What a wonderful day for your family.

Janelle said...

I think I have some dance pictures for you I'll look.

The State of Our Family said...

Congrats to Logan! How exciting!

Swidget 1.0 2