Saturday, October 23, 2010

Slave Driver

For some reason the kids will not do chores but will randomly offer to do something.  I think the key to getting kids to do chores is to make it a privilege.  Needless to say my kids don't fall for that line very often.  So today when Hannah asked if she could do dishes I hesitated for about 1/millionth of a second and said sure, just the dishwasher stuff.  When I looked over at her I saw the cutest thing.  She had one glove on and was scrubbing away, Lauren just finished stirring up the clogged sink and Jackson was sucking on the "stirring" spoon.  As I vomited a little bit in my mouth, I quickly remove the two trouble makers then ran to get the camera.  It was way cute.
 
You can see the sink is kind of full.  Seriously the one glove thing cracks me up! She scrubbed and rinsed like a pro!
 
Although I know I have been gifted with genius children, I wanted to point out that the dishes were not perfect but I love the fact that she tried.
After the dishes were all clean I was talking to her and she said "Aren't you proud that I did the dishes all by myself?"  Why yes Hannah, I am very proud.  Proud enough to blog about it!  Here is her little exit interview!

4 comments:

Angie Miller said...

So sweet!

Alice said...

That's awesome. Ia actually got Finn to mop up the floor the other day...need to post the video. Just so you know, my mom had me scrubbing the bathroom and vacuuming our giant van at 8 yrs old....so it's never too early to start.

Hunter said...

Hi HannaH. I like doing dishes too. See you soon. Can't wait for Turkey day. Maybe we can come over for dinner one Sunday since my Mom and Dad don't have to work for a few months.

The State of Our Family said...

AWESOME! Dishes is one chore my kids seem to like doing too...maybe it's in their DNA?! :)

Swidget 1.0 2